Sunday, June 1, 2008

Best Trick Ever!

Get asked to help move someone, then bring your two-year-old. The only thing you'll be moving is your rear end to keep up with her!

My sister and her husband moved from their first apartment together to a cute little upgrade across town. They are the most amazingly organized couple I've met, so it was really easy to move them. Maybe my expectations are just low. The last two times I've moved I've been 8 months pregnant or chasing after a 1-year-old who just figured out how to crawl. Moving hasn't been easy for awhile.

So we headed down to Pleasant Hill on Saturday. They had already packed and moved the small things. We only needed to help them move their furniture. Two trips and we were done. Not so bad!

And I don't actually recommend bringing a small child, but there was no one else to watch her. I'm not the best help when it comes to moving furniture. I can handle small things, but I'm 5'2" and my sister lived on the second floor. I'm more of a liability than anything else. I kept Em out of the way and was everyone's fetcher.

It was a pleasant weekend, but it reminded my husband and I of how we have to move and how there is so much up in the air right now. We can find a place in Elk Grove, but if I take the job in North Highlands, it's too much of a drive. If we live in Sac, we need to give up our day care lady, unless I end up getting offered a job back in Elk Grove.

I want to go hide my head under a pillow. But at least I'm not sore from moving. :)

No comments: