Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"B" is for b...bum!

Being a mom is typically a very cool, special position to be in. However, there are some indignities associated with motherhood, such as
1. Random medical professionals checking out your cervix during labor
2. Breast feeding in front of strangers
3. Leaking through your shirt at work when students whine
4. Having your two-year-old say "Mommy's going poo-poo!" at Target (I was not, by the way)

Today I discovered another fun reminder of my new, mommy body.

My daughter got a cool toy for her birthday. It's an alphabet magnet set. You pick a letter, put it in the little singing doo-hickey and it says "A says a, every letter makes a sound, and A says a!" It's just annoying enough that it's Em's new favorite toy.

This evening I was bustling around the kitchen, getting Em's dinner ready. I opened the fridge, grabbed too much as usual, and closed the door. As I turned around, my rear pressed the stupid magnet thing and it says, "B says buh, every letter makes a sound and and B says..."

Yeah it's too humiliating to finish. And what's worse is that I did it twice, each time my daughter giggling and saying "Mommy's bum, Mommy's bum!"

And what's even worse is that my husband was just reading this over my shoulder; he laughed and said, "B says...busted!" Yeah, he's hi-larious.

No comments: