Thursday, June 12, 2008

On my Own, Day 2

So today my husband left early again, this time to go camping with a bunch of Boy Scouts. He's excited, but it's not exactly my cup of tea. I like camping and all, but I have a hard enough time keeping myself fed, warm, and out of harm's way. I feel no need to add 10 pre-teens into the mix.

Justin left this morning and Em and I visited with my sister-in-law and my niece. My sister-in-law is ingenious at dealing with the constant battle over toys. I'm not as skilled, but together we managed to keep the girls on speaking terms.

Later we checked out a couple houses for rent in Elk Grove. I wasn't thrilled about either (one had contact paper on the walls in the bathroom and carpet in there too...lovely), but it was good to see what's out there. We will keep looking next week.

I brought Em home around 1, which is her nap. I was expecting a little bit of a battle, but she actually fell asleep very quickly. I should have prepared for summer school, but instead I watched two episode of Sex and the City. Bad girl.

After Em woke up, we went to the bank and Target. I splurged and got her a small vanilla shake from MacDonald's. At least I thought it would be a small; it was huge! Oh well, she only drank a little.

So now Em is playing in her room as I type this up. In a minute I'll pop in a workout DVD and see how she does with that. She did okay with the Pilates yesterday, actually trying out a couple of moves. She did sit on me during the teaser, which is a sucko move anyways.

Tomorrow I need to head to school to get ready for summer school, which starts next week. I'm bringing Em to my meeting, which I am sure is inappropriate, but I don't have anyone to watch her. Besides, if she throws a fit, that should move things along. :)

No comments: