Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Only Wednesday?!?

This week so far has been a whirlwind, to put it lightly.

Sunday we got home from helping my sister move around 4. As I'm checking my email and looking forward to running and relaxing that evening, we get a phone call. I hear my husband say, "See you in a couple minutes." What! See who?

Well, it happened to be my sister-in-law, her husband, and their daughter. They were in town and wanted to see if we wanted to have dinner. There went the running.

We went to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, which isn't great food, but it's relatively cheap and pretty kid friendly. (Though they got rid of the paper menus and hiked up the prices two bucks, whatever.)

Monday was my last regular day of school before finals, so it was hectic. Then, I had a retirement party in Galt for my department head. Anyone else, I would have smiled and said no thank you. A party on a Monday evening? You've got to be kidding. But this woman has been lovely to me, so I made the exception. My husband met our family again in Rancho Cordova for dinner.

Tuesday was actually pretty cool. My school got out for graduation at 10:30. It's not required that staff attend, which I found very odd, so I opted not to go. I don't teach seniors and truth be told, graduations are not exactly thrilling, even when they are yours. So I picked up my daughter and met my sister-in-law and niece for a trip to the Sac Zoo. It was really cool cause the animals were pretty lively, especially the tigers. We met our husbands at the Chicago Fire pizza place on J street for dinner.

So it's been three days in a row of eating out and getting Em to bed around 9:30. I haven't run or worked out since Thursday of last week. I'm really looking forward to getting some exercise, eating at home, and watching So You Think You Can Dance? tonight.

If the phone rings, I'm not answering it.

No comments: