Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hey, Who are You?

Today my husband and I had a come-to-Jesus conversation. It wasn't a fight, but things are weird between us and neither of us really know why. I love him; he loves me. He's the best person for me, and we are still committed to each other.

But we aren't happy right now.

I'm not sure what happened. Our daughter is older, so we get more time together than we did when she was younger. But I've noticed we don't really spend time together. Em goes to bed and Justin and I watch tv, not talking. Or I go to bed and read.

I'm not sure when or why we stopped talking. He is an interesting person and we have tons in common. I have definitely found myself withdrawing into myself more the past couple months. I've just been so worn out by worry.

Now, I have less to worry about and I feel like I should be happy. I am relieved, but I'm not happy. I feel a huge weight on my shoulders and I am not sure why.

I really hope I can shake this funk soon. I miss my husband and I'm lonely. When I sit across from him at the dinner table, I just can't think of anything to say. And that's no way to be.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know how you feel. Perhaps you could go on some fun dates? Play a game where you pretend you don't know each other, and ask silly questions? It's hard, especially when kids make you so tired. I have faith that you'll reconnect. It may take some effort, and it might not be easy, but you can do it. Make it a priority. :) I've been there before.