Saturday, January 26, 2008

Take-a-deep-breath Friday

This was the longest four day school week in recent history! Even my students were commenting: "I'm tired and we've only been in school four days." Here's why I woke up on Friday morning thinking it was Saturday (so depressing):

1. Last week was the end of the semester and I graded 110 essays in two days

2. Last week my grad application was due

3. Because of last week, I started on Tuesday with a whole lot of crap to do

4. My grades were due and we had a staff meeting after school on Tues (Mean!)

5. I was out of the class room on Wednesday working on a project a monkey could do

6. We had a minimum day on Thursday for another meeting

7. My husband started night school and I was Parent-in-Charge two evenings

8. My students ask really stupid questions sometimes

9. My co-workers ask really stupid questions most of the time

So, we get to Friday, which was a normal day with no weird schedule or deadline and here was me: Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! I cleaned my boards, replaced paper on my walls, planned for next week, and even considered organizing my desk (that will have to wait til next week.)

The one almost bummer was that I had to supervise a basketball game so I didn't get to go running last night or have dinner with my family. But it was great to see my boys play (they are so big!) and I was the only staff member who showed up to her duty (there were two other ladies signed up), so my boss got to see me be graceful under pressure (always a plus.)

I'm looking forward to a weekend of no obligations and no visits out of town. Hopefully, we can find something fun (and cheap) to do tomorrow.

Next weekend is my husband's birthday and we have a ton of family coming over. His birthday is the official start of our crazy February: his birthday, his dad's, my mom's, Valentine's Day, and our anniversary. So this is my last quiet weekend for awhile: Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

No comments: