Sunday, January 27, 2008

Almost 9 on Sunday and it's Quiet

For the first time in way too long to remember, I'm up by myself on a Sunday morning. My husband and daughter are curled up together, sleeping away the morning. I should probably go wake her up, but I'll wait til I finish this post.

We had a little bit of an interesting night. She went to bed a little late last night cause I was a silly mommy and put on the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She loved the music and was dancing around to it; I thought it was really cute and didn't insist on bedtime (I know, I know, bad mommy.)

She eventually went to bed soundly at 9 and all was well until the wee hours of the morning. The rain just came down, and I heard her very happily chatting in her crib, so I went in there. She was pointing outside: "Wa-wa, Wa-wa." Yes, honey, that is water....Now go back to sleep! No such luck.

Her room seems to get the worst of it when it rains or when it's windy. She has a really hard time sleeping through it. She's not unhappy, just unable to sleep. So, I took her back to our room where it's quieter, and she fell asleep.

Not an hour later, she's up again crying. Her tummy was probably hurting her (she was constipated yesterday). So my husband gave her some water and gas-relief stuff and she was down for the night (well, it was four am, but whatever.)

Well, I probably should go get her. I don't want her to be totally off her schedule for day care tomorrow. Ah, so long quiet...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Some times a few minutes of quiet can make up for a few days of craziness.

When I find myself with complete quiet I usually paint, rather than doing chores.