Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Completely Drained

When I was in middle school, my dad made me start running. He did this because I lied about my mile time in PE (he's an odd, but lovable man). So one summer I had to run four times a week with him. We got up to four-mile runs by the end of the summer, and it ended up not being a totally awful experience. (Though I whined at the time within an inch of my life.)

He used to tell me at the time that running gives you energy. I believe this to be a lie.

I don't always feel this way, but today was special. I had one of those days where the teacher is out of the classroom working on a project. It's nice cause you don't have to chastise anyone for putting gum under the desk or asking you for the umpteenth time if what we are doing is worth a grade. (Yes, it's always worth a grade.) The bad side: I didn't get any breaks from 8 til 3:30; then I taught an after school class for an hour.

I got home at five, begrudgingly put my workout clothes on and kept telling myself: running gives you energy, running gives you energy, running gives you....well, whatever! Did not work today. It's not that I had a bad time, but I'm really tired now. My knees hurt, and when I got back, my husband told me that the vacuum broke in half today.

I just want to go to bed.

Miss Poopy-pants signing off.

No comments: