Friday, April 18, 2008

What a week!

This week began badly and ended on a very interesting note. Let me put it this way: lawyers and donkeys were both involved. Hmmmm....

As I posted earlier in the week, I spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday listening to lawyers present my case, and the cases of 50 of teachers who were laid off, to a judge. They did a good job of arguing against the district's crazy lottery and seniority system.

Although I felt good about having my side of the story heard, I still felt incredibly tired on Thursday when I finally returned to work. My kids were lovely; I cannot say the same for some of my co-workers. I found out five minutes into the school day that I had to give up my lunch on Friday for an activity I knew nothing about. When I told my boss I felt blind-sided, she responded that we all have it hard right now. (I'm currently the only one fighting for my job, however.)

I left work yesterday in tears and hung out at home for lunch. I needed a place to lick my wounds and feel safe.

Today, however, was a hoot. My school held a Donkey Basketball game between students and teachers. While I felt rather bad for the poor donkeys, it was hilarious to watch people struggle to get on the donkeys and have them go towards the correct basket. My kids tend to think they are the biggest, baddest gangstas in the world, so it was highly amusing to watch them get freaked out by donkeys. Good times.

Now I am at home, getting ready to pick Em from daycare. My husband is making fajitas and margaritas for dinner, so it should be a lovely evening.

I am SO happy it's Friday.

No comments: