Monday, April 7, 2008

Things don't seem to change much

Yesterday as we were driving home from my mom's in Concord, it became very apparent that my daughter was coming down with a cold. She slept fitfully and I thought about what her first cold was like.

Em was three months and in daycare when she got her first cold and it was a doozie. My husband and I had to rotate every two hours holding her upright during the night, she hated the saline drops, and she couldn't sleep more than 30 minutes. It lasted over a week, and by the end of it all three of us were wiped out.

Well, apparently my reminiscing was wishful thinking. Last night Em woke up coughing so hard she threw up. All over the bed. My husband. The bathroom. And she was super calm about it.

When we finally got her calmed down and de-puked, I sat with her on the couch. She could only sleep upright, so there I sat from 3 am til 5:45, holding her as she slept. I got a couple minutes, but I was rather bleary eyed as I drove over to my high school.

I got my sub plans ready and was back home at 7. My husband left for a different sub job at my high school. My daughter was sleeping, and I hoped I could get a couple minutes shut eye. Nope. She rolled over and said, "I'm seeping." Okay.

We had a quiet day. I think she'll be able to go to day care tomorrow, and I'll be able to go to work. I'd rather stay home though. I didn't wear real pants all day. That part was awesome. Chasing my daughter with a tissue was not.

No comments: