Thursday, March 20, 2008

Winding down

My spring break is coming to a close, but rather than feel badly about it, I will revel in all the personal things I accomplished.

On Monday, I took care of much-needed applications. Tuesday, we tried to go to the library, but it was closed. Instead my daughter and I dyed Easter Eggs. (Well, I dyed and she tried to lick them, but whatever.)

Yesterday, I made a TON of sugar cookies and frosted them fun spring colors. The house completely smells of strawberry frosting and it's wonderful. Em keeps swiping cookies off the table, so that's an issue (the girl's got wicked long arms.)

Today I'm going back to my old school to visit. I haven't seen a lot of my friends since last June, so it'll be great to stop by. I'm taking Em so she can see where mommy used to work.

Tomorrow we'll head to Redding for a big Easter egg hunt at my mother-in-laws. I'm so excited to dress Em in her little Easter dress. It's yellow with polka dots and it's adorable.

Amazingly, I feel well rested and almost ready to go back to work. Well, not really. But if I keep telling myself that, I'll feel it eventually, right?

No comments: