Monday, March 17, 2008

Deep breath...


I am on vacation and it is a lovely thing. I had almost forgotten because this weekend was full of distractions. First, the pink slip (and that's all I say.) Second, my father and girlfriend came over to dinner on Saturday. It wasn't awful, but tense didn't even begin to explain how I felt.

Today is the first day I feel relaxed. I have many reasons to be wound up. Em woke up at 3 and didn't go back to sleep. My husband got sick last night. And we got the date wrong for my daughter's 18 month doctor's appointment. It was last week, not today like we thought.

Typically, these events would have caused me to lose it, but I feel very calm. Maybe I'm just too tired to get excited.

I do feel a sense of accomplishment. My husband, Em, and I all went to Sac State. I took care of some paperwork for my clear credential and my grad program and my husband turned in his transcripts. The campus was beautiful and busy, and we made it to the office right before lunch.

Now we're back home, and Em is settling down for a nap. I'm not quite sure what we'll do with the rest of the day. I'd like to go to a park or find a local library. I may just take a nap with her.

We still need to make an appointment for Em, and we have a mountain of laundry to fold. But I am grateful for quiet time with my little family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw Hillary, I am so sorry to hear about your pink slip. I know that is a hard thing. But I am glad that you are enjoying your Spring Break and that your little girl is a cutie. Sometimes that's all you need, right?

Hope your vacation continues wonderfully and that you get grounded before returning to your school.