Monday, March 24, 2008

Nonstop Mama!

I felt very productive over spring break. Well, I must have forgotten what it means to get things done cause today was bonkers.

My girl slept all night in her own crib. Not a normal occurrence, so of course I kept waking up panicky. I got up around 6:15 after grunting at the alarm for 20 minutes. Made coffee, put together my lunch, and actually ironed (Whoa.)

My sister and brother-in-law were still staying with us, so my sister got to hold Em as she woke up. Hay loves to take care of my daughter: get her dressed, do her hair, and sing her songs. It is one the most beautiful things to behold.

Because of everyone's help, I got to leave for work early. By 7:30, I was in my class room, planning for the week, deleting emails, and tidying things up. The first three periods flew by and it was 11:30 before I sat down. (Funnily, I needed to use the restroom between each class...don't have my school bladder back yet.)

I ran around getting things done during my prep, taught two more periods, and all of a sudden it was 3:19. I taught 8th period, got ready for my sub tomorrow (I'm going to UC Davis with students), and by 5, I was out the door.

At home, I had two seconds to say hi to the cats, and then I was off to the gym to run. I had a pleasant 30 minutes to watch re-runs of America's Next Top Model (I love watching skinny girls struggle to walk in high heels.)

By six, I was back at home, bathing my very sticky girl and making dinner. Nothing fancy, just garden burgers and a salad, but for me that's an accomplishment.

Now, I finally feel like I am winding down. It was a great day, and the weather was great. I can hear my husband reading "Ten Apples up on Top" to Em, and it's very hypnotic. I hope I can stay up to watch that New Amsterdam show (very cute cop), but I don't know. My bed looks good.

No comments: