Wednesday, July 29, 2009

S.I.V. 6

8:30 am: Sadly, I had to set the alarm today, but I knew if I didn't, Em and I wouldn't wake up in time to drive out to IKEA. She was a little sleepy, but she perked up once she saw our friends.

10:00-1:00 pm: Hung out at IKEA with friends. It's actually a great place to take little kids. And the food is great and CHEAP! Em had macaroni and cheese and I had swedish meatballs (of course, come on, I was at IKEA.)

2:00-4:00 pm: Our afternoon was not as relaxing as I would have liked. Emerson refused to nap. Justin and I discovered that we had unpaid parking tickets. Very expensive unpaid parking tickets. And that I can't register for classes until they're paid. I was about to lose it, but then I checked the mail and found a retroactive pay check from my district. Whoo-hoo!

5:00 pm: I worked out. I didn't really want to, but it was one of those things. If you do it, you'll feel better. Additionally, I got my lab results back from my diabetes test. While my sugars are lower, they are still not low enough. Sigh. They are much lower, so I am trying to feel positive about that.

8:30 pm: Read Em stories. She asked for "Where the Wild Things Are" (surprising; could have sworn that one scared her), nursery rhymes, and "Llama, Llama Mad at Mama" (that one is a popular request.)

9:00-11:00 pm: Watched cooking shows (highly ironic considering that I don't really cook.) Went to bed, but had a horrible time trying to sleep, as the stupid tree kept scratching and squeaking against the house (think nails on chalk board.) Urgh.

Work Cheats: Read stupid emails. Ignored stupid emails.

No comments: