Saturday, November 3, 2007

Yay Saturday

A glass of wine, a bathed and sleepy baby, and no teenagers in sight. Complete bliss.

Today we went to the zoo, which is always a weird experience for me. I feel bad for some of the animals in captivity. They looked so bored, especially the apes. You could tell they were telling themselves: "This shit is LAME." But the emus looked content. I suppose they would pretty much anywhere.

My daughter loved it though, especially the giraffes and the cats. She was more interested in the other kids though, which seemed to unreasonably annoy my husband.

While scrapbooking today (I'm so 40 and white), my dad called and we almost had a normal conversation. Almost. He sounds really tired, but interested in what's going on with us. He got really quiet when I talked to him about the fight in my classroom the other week. I could tell he was really concerned. That's the nice thing about him; he's protective of me, but to a certain extent. He knows that I can handle my own issues, even if I'm not entirely sure I can.

I suppose I should also give my mom a call. Where's that wine bottle?!? Just kidding. Really.

Out.

No comments: