Sunday, November 11, 2007

Terrible Twos? Ha!!!

This weekend we are at my in-laws up north to celebrate my niece's first birthday. She is such a cutie! Totally sweet and affectionate. And my normally very sweet daughter has picked up some not so sweet behaviors since being here: shoving, whining, pouting. Not fun. If I hold my niece, Em is NOT happy. If my niece has a toy, Em HAS to have it, even if she discarded it five seconds earlier. I know this is not new behavior for kids, but it's surpising to see your own kid do it. Hey, where's my cute baby?

Em's new thing is to withhold affection. "Can Mommy have a kiss?"

"No." And she resolutely turns her head and runs to her dad.

Ouch. Just a couple weeks ago, she was willingly giving me kisses and hugs. Now, nope. None of that. Until I'm eating something; then she's all hugs. It's amazing how quickly they learn to be manipulative. Amazing or scary, you pick.

No comments: