Monday, November 5, 2007

Teenagers are the new first graders

I don't mean to be disrespectful of our veterans of foreign wars (cause they are awesome), but I could REALLY use a day off. I'm extra-special thankful that Veterans' Day is coming up, not that I don't have some really sweet, funny kids. It's just that I'm so dang tired of saying "Yes, I really meant stay seated...really" and "If I see you throw one more piece of paper across the room, I'm calling your mother RIGHT now." (Be advised, I teach high schoolers.)

I was thinking today, as I was picking up my classroom after school and still finding halloween wrappers in my books, that it would be advisable for teachers to have baby pictures of their students. That way, when a student is, let's say, special, we can pull out the picture and say to ourselves: yes, he/she was cute at one point. That little darling has to be in there somewhere. Has to be...

No comments: