Sunday, November 4, 2007

So sad

The last two evenings, my hubby and I have watched crappy tv. And not even good cable tv, like first 13 channels crappy tv. I think we watched three episodes in a row of CSI. Now, I was drinking wine, so I was more immune to the crappiness than he was. I'm not sure what his excuse is. I know what mine is and man is it SAD.

We watched such crappy tv for three hours (ugh, that's depressing) cause we didn't want to get up and make a decision about which movie to watch. That's how much parenting sucks the adult out of you. After a long day of making choices for another person and moving at breakneck speed, you screeeeech to a halt at night (that's 7:30 for us parents) and are incapable of action. Just watch your average parents of a young child try to order a pizza: pepperoni...no, hawaiian, no veggie...argh, SWEET JESUS, make up your mind!

I think this problem affects only new parents cause my friends who have more than one kid (that would actually only be one friend of mine) seem to have no problem making decisions for themselves. And the weird thing is that my job is all about making decisions. I've never done the math (cause that would blow), but as a teacher, I have to make at least 100 different decisions before I've finished my first cup of coffee (that would be the end of first period, circa nine am.) When I'm with kiddo, I have no problems either. It's just when I'm by myself at the store, trying to make that crucial choice between pinto or black beans that I am stuck. Weird.

H out.

No comments: