Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Forth

So I shared a really stupid joke with my kids the other day on March 4th. I told them it was the only day of the year that is a verbal phrase--March forth! Very lame.

However, it's a suitable battle cry for where I am now. February (also known as the month of No Calories Left Behind) is finally over. Yes, all the celebrations (Justin's b-day, my father-in-law's, my mom's, and our anniversary) are fun, but now they are over. March is finally here.

I'm not religious, but March does take on a rather Lent-ish feel. It's the month where I start to get my focus back. I march forth. Slowly, but surely I work my way to the end of the school year. I'm always pretty exhausted right now, so it's all about incremental accomplishments. Step by step.

Here are my upcoming steps:

1. Turn in my last set of Advocacy lessons for the year (Thank Gawd!)
2. Rescue my poor desk at work from its paper infection (Oh, yes, I totally want to each HONORS English--idiot.)
3. Finish my literature review for my thesis and put an end to research once and for all (I'm sure this is an untrue statement, but it feels good to lie to myself.)

Observant readers will notice no goals for diet or exercise. I will try to exercise (this week was a stunning failure...only an hour for the whole week), but I need to be honest with myself. My thesis is a HUGE time suck, and it's really easy to beat myself up over not exercising enough. That will just have to wait.

So, here we go. One step (however begrudgingly) at a time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your labels crack me up. The bright side is that you will complete each of the items, it would just be wonderful to have it done for you while get to do to fun stuff. At least that's how I feel about all the work.

littlebiggirl said...

Thank you! I find that labels are an excellent way to express frustration. :)

I really am ready for a break, but I just need to keep on schedule and stay focused. It'll all be over soon. :)