Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Final March

March is finally coming to a close. Actually, the month is going quite quickly. I'm not sure if this is because I have a huge project due soon, or if nine years of teaching has built up my tolerance. Either way, I'm feeling rather at ease.

Yes, my project is due for my master's thesis very soon. Yes, I have a ton of work to do before that. But I know pretty much everything I need to do to finish. I see myself being exhausted, but I can visualize myself actually finishing my masters. It's pretty dang exciting.

I can't believe that it's been over two years since I applied to the admin credential program. It was a rather random choice of mine, actually. In typical Hillary fashion, I got tired of waiting for my husband to make a decision so I just made one of my own. Yes, it was rather hasty, but I felt the urge to change. I'm not sure if it was because of my discomfort at being in a new district, but I felt the need to prove myself.

The past two years have been extreme. First, my classes were intense. Within the first month, I regretted my choice. But then I survived. But my classes, and Justin's, took a huge toll on our lives and budget. We will literally be paying for this choice of mine for years. Ouch.

However, I will be the first person in my generation, on my mom's side, to earn a master's degree. It's a big deal, and I feel really good about it. Especially as I get closer to May.

This week I didn't get a ton done on my project, but that needs to change this upcoming week. It's Spring break and I need to spend the majority of it finishing my project. My self-imposed date to turn in my final draft to my professor is April 16th.

Time to stop blogging; time to start writing. :)

No comments: