Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's April?!? When did that happen?!?

For me, two months are never-ending. I blame it on teaching, but October and March can be deadly. My dad laughs because those are the only two months in which I have no holidays. Yes, teachers do have really good breaks. But trust me, we need them.

So October this year was really long. In fact, all of semester one was really long. But after winter break, semester two is going by quickly. This was the fastest March of my teaching career.

There are a couple reasons for this. One, my spring break was the last week of March. (This is a good thing now, but April could get long with no breaks.) Two, my thesis is due in April. Well, a rough draft is due.

In fact, it's due in 12 days.

Gulp.

But panic aside, I'm doing well. I've written all four chapters. I'm working on the last major part. My professor sent me back a copy of my chapters. I'm scared to look at it, but he didn't say anything in his message that caused me panic.

And, when my energy lags, I keep telling myself: less than two months until school is over. Less.Than.Two.Months. It's insane how close to the end we are. And lovely. :)

Now, I just hope my husband and I get our lay-off notices rescinded before May 15...

No comments: