Friday, January 9, 2009

From 60 to ZERO in four days

I started this week on FIRE! I started teaching again on Monday and I was all focus. That soon ended.

Last weekend, I prepared myself for both teaching and returning to my master's program. I graded 120 essays. Bought healthy, protein and whole-grain filled food for the week. I even ironed all my work clothes for the week. (I do not iron in the morning...it just won't happen, no matter how much I plan.)

Monday and Tuesday were great. The kids were sleepy and I completely overwhelmed them. Gotta love that. Em transitioned well from break to daycare. And Justin hasn't started school yet, so our dinners this week did not begin in a frozen state or originate in a bag.

Then Wednesday I started my new graduate course. It's taught by the superintendent, who seems super knowledgeable and interesting, but it's going to be INTENSE. It cracked me up how everyone was on their best behavior. So no one complained when he kept us there the whole four hours on the first day.

I never recovered.

Yesterday I had to leave work as soon as possible because I had an awful headache. I laid curled in the fetal position waiting for Justin to get home as Em watched Dora. The rest of the evening I shuffled around aimlessly in my slippers and bathrobe (hot), in a constant state of irritation and weariness.

Today wasn't much better. I felt okay, but I was pooped all day.

I'm just not sure how I went from feeling totally energized to completely wiped out so fast. I ate well, exercised, and tried to take time for myself. To no avail, it seems.

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

No comments: