Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is it Friday yet?!?

Seriously this has felt like the looooooongest week! I am not quite sure exactly what is making it so painful, but I think of a couple possible culprits.

Firstly, this is the second week of the second term of summer school. I have taught summer school six times and I'm used to the pattern. The first couple weeks are fun, or at least fun-ish. I get to try things I don't do during the normal school year. I get to focus on 30 students instead of 150 and I get to stay organized, a major accomplishment for me, a known single-tasker.

However, by this time in the summer school schedule, the newness has worn off. I know the kids too well and I am ready to spend some quiet time at home. It's especially bad now that I have a daughter. She's cute and I want to be with her, not with teenagers who keep whining about the air conditioning.

Secondly, I had dental work done on Monday and am still not feeling "normal." My mouth still aches and the tylenol with codiene is giving me funky dreams. In fact, my husband claims I slept walked the other night, made a sandwich, got a glass of water, and dumped it all over the bed. I remember none of this.

Thirdly, I have plans to hang out with girl friends this week and the anticipation is killing me. Yes, I am an 8 year old. I hate waiting. For anything.

I have seriously considered taking off work tomorrow, but coming up with six hours of lesson plans is daunting. I don't want a day off that bad. Besides, we need the money.

Finally, this upcoming week is very appealing to me. We get to stay home (yay!). The air seems like it will be good and it shouldn't be too hot...hopefully. Also, our dear friend, Jerome, is visiting from France and I can't wait to see him. He was my husband's best man and I swear the two of them were brothers separated at birth. He is very excited to see Em because he hasn't seen her since last fall.

It should be a good weekend...if it'll ever get here...

No comments: