Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Argh, I'm a Pirate!

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd check in.

I've been a little cut off because we still do not have Internet at our new house. Comcast is the devil and cannot set us up until the 8th. I'm okay without t.v. (though I will miss So You Think You Can Dance), but not having any Internet is a pain. We have been able to pirate some wireless cable from our new neighborhood (the modern equivelant to asking butter...or stealing butter.)

Yesterday was a fun reminder of why we should be connected, or at least have a landline. I looked at my phone during break and saw that I had no service. So I did the mental inventory: paid the bill? Check. Dropped the phone? Nope. I got a little panicky cause we still have 408 numbers and I can't reach my husband from school. So I called AT & T and they said I needed a new SIM card. Urgh.

On a whim, I went home before going to AT&T. This was a good thing. I guess Em had found Justin's phone and dropped it in the toilet. Eww. He tried to bake it to save it, but it smelled funny and still didn't work. So, he went to AT&T and got a new phone (his fifth since Em's birth.) They accidently updated my SIM, hence my no service, and by the time he figured it out, it was too late. My phone didn't work.

Long story short: we need a land line. I swear sometimes I am amazed that my husband and I function at all. :)

No comments: