Sunday, November 14, 2010

Very Little to Report

And that is a good thing. :)

This weekend we stayed home and did very little. Actually, we got a head start on the weekend with the Veterans' Day holiday on Thursday.

Thursday I decided to be a good girl and go to work. I typed up an evaluation, and while I felt bummed by working, I did feel good about getting that first one written. One down, twelve to go (and then I have to repeat the process all over again before I go out on leave...ack!)

After working on Thursday for a bit (I swear that nothing is better than a quiet school), I took Em out for frozen yogurt. This of course led to her being a sticky mess and needing a bath. At home, I actually got some scrap-booking done. I haven't done that in ages, so I was a bit rusty. (Though I notice I do a neater job now that I'm not having my customary glass of white wine while scrap-booking. Hee hee.)

Thursday evening was book club at my friend Janet's. We hung outside around her fire pit and chatted about Fastfood Nation. I will admit that I didn't read the whole thing, but it was fun to hang out with friends. Next month is my turn to host, so that should be interesting.

Justin had the day off on Friday (not cool Elk Grove Unified, not cool.) At first I was super jealous that he got to take Em to preschool and hang out with her, but it turned out to be kind of a rough day for the two of them. I think eventually it worked out, and they had a nice day at the park afterwards. Lately, it has just become very apparent that being four is tough. Poor Em.

Yesterday was the definition of relaxed. We headed to the store for provisions, but that was basically it for the day. Justin made a tasty pork loin for dinner and I made a sugar-free pumpkin pie. I was able to get some reading and scrap-booking in, not to mention several episodes of Weeds.

Today I got up early to check my blood sugar and work on teacher evaluations. I am going to try to finish one up before I head out for lunch with some friends. While I feel a little guilty for going out today, I do think it's important that I maintain my social ties. My new job can be really lonely, and I feel the need to stock up on girl time before the baby is born.

Okay, okay, blogging break done. Time to get back to work.

No comments: