Sunday, November 21, 2010

It Was Just a Matter of Time...

Before I got sick. :(

I'm actually a pretty healthy person, gestational diabetes excepted. I haven't had a cold in years, and I tend to have one stomach flu issue per school year and then I'm good.

But this week did me in. The sad part, I knew it was coming and there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it.

For the last month or so, I've been working 12 hour days pretty solid. It hasn't been too bad, but I've worn myself down.

This week started out okay. I actually got out of work early, around 5, to meet Justin and Em for dinner. Tuesday was a long day again though, and then Wednesday was just crazy. All in one day I dealt with my first discipline issue that will go to expulsion and I dealt with a pretty serious fight. Ugh.

Thursday during the day was fine. Just lots of little things to catch up on from the day before. Now that I look back on it, I started to feel sick then. It was a long day because I had the talent show to supervise. Everything went smoothly, but I didn't get home until 8:30.

Friday was a minimum day, which for a teacher is a blessed thing. For an administrator, not so much. I started to feel congested around 9 am, but my day would just not let up. I was straight VP all day, dealing with a lengthy investigation, a wayward kid and his frustrated parent, and assorted other fun things.

I got out of work pretty early and treated myself to a decaf latte from Peets (for some reason their foamy milk is better than everyone else's.) Justin and I picked up Em together and went out to mexican food.

I was in bed by 8, and I've pretty much stayed there so far this weekend. The frustrating thing about being sick while pregnant is that I can't really do the things I normally do. Theraflu is out, and I have to watch how many cough drops I have because of my diabetes.

Today I plan on taking things slow. I do have to head into work for a couple hours, but at least it will be quiet.

I just hope that I am well enough to see my sister and nephew this week when we head down to Concord for Thanksgiving. I will be bummed if I have worn myself out to the point that I can't even enjoy my break.

Ugh.

No comments: