Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It's hard to believe that it's been a year already since last Mother's Day. The days go by quickly. I think I'm in a reflective mood because last year's Mother's Day was so different from this weekend.

Firstly, last year we were rather home bound because I had class the day before, my last class for the semester. I was pretty exhausted and ready to have a break. That night Justin and I celebrated with mango-chipotle margaritas, a choice I paid for the next day. Tasty, but ouchy.

Secondly, the weather was gorgeous last year, so we took a picnic to William Land Park in Sacramento. Justin got a bunch of salads and made some sandwiches. It was very pleasant. Then I went home and took a nap.

This year Mother's Day has quite the wintry feel to it. The day started out blustery and it's actually been raining quite a bit. Justin, Em, and I headed to Old Sac for lunch and fudge. Mmmmmm, fudge. We're back home now, and Justin is making stew. I'm looking forward to some scrap booking, reading, and maybe even a nap. (Somethings stay the same.)

The biggest difference is that my sister is a mommy-to-be, which adds a new, fun element to the day. It is very exciting to think of her having a son. We saw her, and my mom, yesterday, and she seems so happy. Fingers crossed that the weather stays mild for her.

So Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! Have a lovely, if albeit chilly, day.

No comments: