Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Heart the Weekend

I really do. Especially the three-day ones.

It's not that I don't like my job. I have an interesting, challenging, ever-changing job as a school administrator. I have worked very hard for this job, and it is the realization of a dream to have it.

However...

It is quite literally kicking my ass right now.

I'd like to blame the pregnancy. Yes, I feel huge. Yes, my feet hurt. Yes, the CONSTANT doctor's appointments in Roseville hamper my ability to get things done.

However, January and February have never been months in which I experience high levels of energy. Despite the two-week winter break, I'm always pooped. By the time I get to March, I'm pretty whiny. Then the weather starts to warm up (typically) and I can begin to see the end of the year.

The last two weeks have gone by fine, but I've noticed that my "battery" seems to wind down by Friday. Take my work arrival times, for instance. Monday--6:55 (really not sure how I did that.) Tuesday--7:10. Wednesday--7:15. Thursday--7:20. Friday--7:30 (um, yikes.)

Thursday was really the only bleak day of this week. I felt really sorry for myself and really wiped out. It was the whole typical "No one appreciates me...no one understands" bull-crap one can go through at times. Thankfully, I left at 2:30 for a doctor's appointment (yes, in f-ing Roseville), so I got to have some much-needed time to myself. I chatted on the phone with my sister, took myself out to dinner, read a book, and went to book club. It was a necessary change of pace.

Friday the sun came out and I felt much more optimistic.

Especially since the weekend had finally arrived.

Yesterday my big task was to go to Old Navy to get some baby clothes for my new cousin Andrea (so cute) and some yoga pants for myself (I LOVE them). I also too scored some cute tiger clothes for Owen. Yes, I went a little crazy with the shopping, but it was fun.

My sister and her family came up yesterday and it was great to see them for the first time since her birthday in December. We also got to see my cousin Ben and his wife and daughter, which was a nice treat. Even my aunt Linda stopped by for a visit.

Today a friend is taking me to a fancy baby store to check out strollers. Sadly, that will probably be all I do today. :) Tomorrow I think I need to head into work to get some stuff done, but I'd like to only be there a couple hours. It's a four-day week, which is nice, but I have learned that I am still expected to get the same amount of work done in fewer days.

But now it's the weekend, and I'm my yoga pants, and all is well. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I saw the "I Heart the Weekend" and was going to add, and I Heart THREE-day weekends, but you beat me to it. ;-)