Saturday, January 8, 2011

1 Week Down...

7 to 10 to go. :)

I had a shocking (and rather silly) realization on Thursday. As usual, I got my little reminder on Thursday from Baby Center what week in pregnancy I'm in, how big the baby is, etc. (This week is a cabbage.)

This Thursday I hit 30 weeks.

For some reason that freaked me out.

All of a sudden the birth of my child, which before had seemed like it would NEVER happen, seemed very close.

If my first pregnancy is any indication, I could go (yes, like a bomb), in seven weeks. Ack! Hopefully, I've learned some things since my last pregnancy and I can hold him in for at least 8 weeks. (By the way, he just kicked me. That better be a sign of agreement.)

First, I'd like to delay birth until at least March for his health. Emerson was born healthy at 37 weeks, but she was small and not really interested in eating. It made things a little tough for all three of us.

Second, I like the idea of a March birthday for my little one. Our February is wacko with birthdays and anniversaries. March is pretty clear.

Third, my boss will be gone from February 11th to the 23rd. Her son is coming back from the war in Afghanistan and she will be flying to Tennessee to spend time with him. While I know that there is very little control that women have over when their children decide to arrive, I would love to be able to support my principal. Now, I don't know how helpful I will be at that point, but I would like to try.

This week back at work went well. I was pretty tired by the end of the day, but I got everything done that I needed to and my energy levels felt pretty high. It actually turned out to be important that I felt okay. The other vice principal stayed out on Thursday to take care of her daughter, and yesterday my principal had to leave to take care of a health issue. Luckily, everything went smoothly both days. But I'm not gonna lie, I was happy to leave on Friday.

This weekend should be the definition of relaxed. We slept in this morning, and we are starting to get moving. Today will be all about staying at home, hopefully getting some cleaning done. I'm not looking forward to cleaning out the spare room, but it really is necessary. Plus, I know I will feel better when the baby's room is ready. That'll take awhile...sigh.

But again, 7 to 10 weeks. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad you're feeling well! Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!