Friday, October 16, 2009

What's Next....

I have felt incredibly restless lately. It's not that I don't have lots to do. (I always have lots to do.) For some reason, I actually felt bored this week.

I think my new-found boredom comes from being back in the class room this week. Don't get me wrong--I really do like my kids and I have the best teaching schedule of my career. I'm challenged by my 2-hour freshman block in the morning and teaching honors has been something I've always wanted to do. And I haven't had the last period as prep since my first year teaching over eight years ago.

Still I'm kinda bored.

I really liked being in the office last week. Unfortunately, I feel pretty stuck. Because of the current budget, there will not be a whole lot of admin jobs in the near future. While there should be a ton of retirements in the next five to ten years, it is still going to be a long wait for my vice principal job. Sigh.

Oh, well. I suppose I should enjoy my duty-free evenings and weekends. But I really miss that walkie-talkie...

1 comment:

AmandaS said...

I knew you were power hungry, I just didn't know it took the form of a walkie-talkie! ;-)