Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Saturday To Call My Own

I'm in my final year of my administrative credential program, and it's starting to wear thin. Very thin.

I have struggled to stay focused during class; constantly checking the clock is my new pastime. In past classes, I would raise my hand often and participate fully. Now, I say one or two things just to make sure my professor know I do indeed have a heart beat and then I sit quietly and try to nod at the right places. I have found that entire huge chunks of time will pass and I will realize I haven't been listening. Yikes.

Needless to say, I was very excited to see that we didn't have a class scheduled for Halloween (today.) I was even happier that my family and I had no scheduled trips this weekend. It has turned out that every weekend I don't have a class we have gone to visit family. First, it was visiting my mom and grandma, then visiting my dad, and finally last week we went to Redding.

This week we have nada planned. Awesome.

We spent the morning carving pumpkins. In fact, I'm still in my pajamas, as is everyone else in my family. Em is watching her Barbie movie (of course she loves THAT one), and I have considered showering.

Tonight we will dress Em up as Super Girl and head out to a Pumpkin Path activity with our friends Janet and Chris and their daughter.

Tomorrow I plan on another peaceful, quiet day. I have no grading to do and no where to go. Again, awesome.

No comments: