Sunday, August 30, 2009

Five Things I Learned This Week

1. I need to buy better shoes.
My new position of Advocacy coordinator (the person in charge of the homeroom curriculum) at my school requires me to run around the school quite a bit more than I am used to. I have a couple pairs of Clarks and Aerosoles from when before I was pregnant, but I need to buy a pair ASAP. Your work should not make you limp.

2. If I calm down, my daughter will learn.
During the summer I was a little intense about Emerson potty training. Now that I am too busy to be super worried about it, she's basically potty trained. I never thought that would happen, but this experience shows me to relax and let things happen as they may. It's much more enjoyable now that I am not following Em's bum with my eyes in a high panic.

3. There are no useless educational experiences.
I'm in my third and final semester of the administrative credential. While I am definitely tired of attending class on Wednesdays and most Saturdays, I am impressed with how much I have learned. I know so much more about my school and district, and I feel like I can really contribute intelligently to conversations about things like school budgets and educational programs. In addition, I have made great friends and I don't feel so isolated at my school.

4. Fried foods are not my friends.
I had fried fish tacos on Friday and my stomach is still mad at me. Enough sad. :(

5. My husband is amazing.
My husband is working at a rough school. He has a completely non-ideal teaching assignment and his room is wrecked. Most people would lost it in the environment he is in. But not him. He takes things as they come. He is truly unflappable. His patience, kindness, and appreciation for the small things in life are immeasurable. He stuns me.

So there was my week in number form. Now to go make coffee.

No comments: