Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lo Hicimos!

Or in non-Dora language: We did it! My family and I made it to Spring Break. I feel a little rough around the edges, but all in all, I am excited to have a week off.

Basically, the last couple months have been a blur, which is awesome because all my activities haven't been super fun.

A little recap:

January--The beginning of second semester for both my students and for myself. I started probably the most difficult class in my whole graduate program. It wasn't that the subject matter was that hard; I was just pretty wiped after three courses. It didn't help that the class was taught by the superintendent of my district and one of the most powerful people in my district.

February--This is a bonkers month for family reasons, but work and school certainly did not help. I got a couple days off, which was lovely, but I had family obligations up the whazoo. Here's February in our household--my husband's birthday, then my father-in-law's, the Valentines' Day, then my mom's birthday, and then our anniversary. After all the celebrating, I was bummed to find out I had regained all the weight I lost in the fall.

March--One word sums it up: diet. I refocused on losing weight (AGAIN). I've made some head way and hit a goal. But I am a little concerned because I'm at a weight that I haven't been able to get past since pregnancy. I really need to. My health depends on it. I do not want to have Type-2 diabetes.

What April Has in Store--

* Spring Break (Thank God!)
* My 30th Birthday
* Testing for my students
* Final grad class for this school year
* Beautiful weather (hopefully)

I have a lot of things to accomplish this month, but this weekend I am happy to slow down, spend time with my family, and meet my new nephew. It should be wonderful.

No comments: