Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week Four

This upcoming week, Eliot turns a month old. I know this is cliche to say, but I really can't believe how quickly it is going. I have had so much fun spending time with him and incorporating him into our family.

Last Sunday, the four of us headed to the grocery store. Eliot marked the occasion by napping. No big surprise there. :)

This last week was very pleasant, as I had no work to do. I really just got to focus on my family, and it was lovely.

Monday was Eliot's doctor's appointment. He has the same pediatrician as Emerson, who for the most part I like. Right after Eliot was born, the doctors said that he should be back up to his birth weight by the first appointment. Well, he weighed in at 7 pounds, 4 oz, so he is doing well. He is still a little guy when compared to his peers, as he is in the 10th percentile for weight. Justin and I make little babies. No complaints here.

Tuesday I dropped Em off at daycare, and took Eliot on my first solo shopping trip. Again, he did great. We relaxed at home, and I actually cooked dinner. I haven't cooked much this year, so I can't say my stir fry was perfect but at least the effort was there.

Wednesday I got a late start. It was pretty much a mad dash trying to get three of us ready to drop Em off at school. Luckily, I was able to head home and recover with a nap. Rough times. :)

On Thursday I kept Em home, so that we could meet friends for coffee in Sacramento. It was nice to get out and show off my little guy. After coffee we headed to a friend's house, so our girls could play. All went well until we had to leave. Then Emerson threw a massive fit. Massive fit. I was not happy, and she lost her ability to watch Barbie movies this weekend.

When we got back, I took advantage of a sudden desire to clean (these do not come often so it is best to jump on it.) I cleared out my dresser and closet of all maternity clothes and old stuff. I typically do this clearing out in August, but we were so busy in August (and I was so tired and sick) that I never got around to it. My dresser has been a disaster ever since. So three garbage bags later, I can finally close my drawers and we now have enough hangers.

Part of my motivation for cleaning out my dresser was my need to get some clothes. My maternity clothes are too big, but I am not ready for my pre-pregnancy stuff yet. However, I did not want to add more crap to my overtaxed drawers, so I made myself organize before I was allowed to go shopping.

On Friday, Eliot and I headed to Old Navy. I was not thrilled to buy size 12 jeans, but I know that it is temporary. It was nice, though, to buy pants that zip. :)

Later that day, and after a mad house cleaning effort, my dad and his girlfriend came over. Lys had not met Eliot yet, so it was nice to finally introduce them. They got us dinner, and we hung out for a couple hours. I will never tire of showing off Eliot. :)

Justin and I went to bed literally a half hour after our guests left. I was so tired that I fell asleep before I even put my head down on the pillow. I was so happy to get a nice chunk of sleep before Eliot woke up at two. We ended up needing it, as we headed to the Bay Area for my grandmother's birthday party. The trip went well, we got to see family, and we returned home pretty easily.

However, Eliot decided that he was in a funky mood, so he was up every three hours last night. I have been really lucky with him, and he normally gives me a good five hour chunk of sleep at night. Last night, not so much. He was up at 1. Then 4. Then 7. Owie. Now he is asleep. Of course. :)

Today some friends are coming over for a visit, which will be nice. That's about all I have planned. Maybe a nap. Big plans. :)

I only have two weeks left of leave, which I am trying not to think about too much. Luckily, I only have three weeks of school after I go back. I'm sure it will all work out, but I am not looking forward to getting two kids to daycare and trying to make it to work by 7:15 every day. Luckily, Justin's mom will be staying with us for my first week back. Thank gawd for that.

On the baby weight front, I have also begun focusing on getting back to a healthy weight. I have 30 pounds to lose, so I have begun tracking my diet. I hope to begin exercising soon; hopefully that helps speed my weight loss along. So far I have lost two pounds. At that rate, I'll lose my baby weight by the time Eliot starts kindergarten. :)

Well, off to take a hurried shower before little guy wakes up.

No comments: