Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ah, 32...

This week I celebrated a birthday. Sigh.

While I am not unhappy about aging, my birthday just reminds me that time is moving along at a rather fast clip. This week not only marks my 32nd birthday, but also my son's first month of life and my maternity leave rapidly coming to a close.

Sigh.

On Sunday, my friends Janet and Amanda came over with cake, wine, and their girls. Justin and Eliot were certainly outnumbered. Eliot did not seem to notice. Justin read a book. :)

Monday I had more visitors, this time my friends Stephanie and Renee from my old district in Milpitas. They also brought cake (I have good friends), but this time it was ice cream. I cannot remember the last time I had ice cream cake. So dang good.

We chatted about work stuff, I showed off Eliot, and we had lunch. It was really nice getting to hang out with them. I haven't seen either of them since Stephanie was pregnant with her second child, who is going to turn two this year. Yeah, it's been a while.

Tuesday was my actual birthday, and I was up early with Eliot to begin celebrating it. We rang in my new year by breastfeeding and watching Angel. :) Later that day, I was fortunate enough to continue my birthday celebrations with a doctor's visit. I took Em to daycare, and Eliot and I braved my first exam post labor. Fun. Luckily, I had El to distract me.

That evening, Justin brought home Chinese food and chocolate cake. He and Emerson gave me perfume and the Rats of Nimh for my birthday, so we ate dinner and watched the movie. It was a very relaxing birthday, which is about all I can handle at this point.

Wednesday and Thursday were both pretty relaxed. I mostly hung out with Eliot, folded laundry, and napped. I am really going to miss maternity leave. :(

On Friday, Justin's parents came by. They watched the kids in the evening so Justin and I could go out for dinner. I chose sushi, which I consider an adult meal. However, the restaurant was FULL of families. Oh, well. We had a nice time.

We don't have any big plans for this weekend (I'm not sure if we are capable of big plans at this point to be honest.) I'm just looking forward to hanging out and enjoying the nice weather. It's supposed to rain soon...just in time for Easter.

I enjoyed my birthday this week, but I am ready to get focused again on getting healthy. I didn't lose any weight this week. Not a big surprise given all the cake. :) But I did exercise three times to a Jillian Michals DVD. The first day it was rough, but I felt much stronger on day two; day three was rough again. Hopefully, I am able to do it again today. We shall see...

No comments: