Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moving along

Slowly, yes, but we Moeckli's are moving closer to meeting our baby boy. I really just have one long (so long) check list in my head. I wish I was getting things done faster, and I basically live in a constant state of low-level anxiety because of all the work stuff I have to do. However, I feel myself entering that end-of-pregnancy numbness mindset. It's a nice place to be.

On the work front, it was a loooooong week. Monday took a lot out of me. My boss and I discussed my priorities for the rest of February and her expectations for my performance. I find it funny that the easiest, most straight forward part of my job--supervision--is the aspect that really wipes me out. We discussed how I would pull back on that part so that I can focus on what I really need to do, what only I can do--evaluations and Advocacy.

Monday I had a non-stress test. I was a little concerned because I had a lot of contractions during the day, but the test went fine. I headed to Target afterward, and it became very apparent that simple things like shopping on my own are just not simple anymore.

Tuesday and Wednesday went fine. I actually felt really good and my energy was relatively high. I spent a lot of time getting my second round of observations done. I have two more to do next week, and then I need to do walk-throughs once for each person. I'd like to start writing the evaluations up next week; luckily, they are much abbreviated than last time. I can't believe that I will actually finish up my second round of evaluations. I'm pretty sure I will cry when I do the last one. :)

Thursday was another quick day because of my NST test. It went quicker than the other two. These tests are beginning to feel rather routine and a little more than tiresome. I like getting confirmation that the boy is doing well, especially when I get to see an ultrasound, but I could really use the time to get work done. We're talking about missing out on two hours of crucial work time. It's a bit frustrating.

On Friday, my replacement administrator shadowed me for a day. I felt a little sheepish because I didn't have things completely prepared for him, but we had a good day. It was a little exhausting because for the first time this week I did my supervision to show Shack what my routine was and our procedures. It was a long day.

On the home front, we are celebrating Justin's birthday this weekend. Emerson and I went to target last night and got him a birthday present. She insisted on getting him a pillow pet, a dog to be exact. I'm not sure how thrilled he was about it, but she was very excited. To her, a pillow pet is the ultimate. :)

Last night, our brother-in-law Ben came from Redding and took Justin to see a movie. I went to bed--I'm dang exciting. Today I took Em to a birthday party, and tonight Justin and I are going out for dinner. To a restaurant. With cloth napkins. And no high chairs. And no children's menu. I hope he enjoys it. It may be awhile until we can do this again...a long while.

Emerson is sleeping over at a friend's house. I have my fingers crossed that everything goes well, and that she doesn't experience one of her delightful meltdowns (those have been happening at higher frequencies lately.) She seemed in good spirits when I left the party today. We shall see.

Tomorrow I will probably head into work. Sigh. I also would like to look at a dresser for Em, move the desk into her room, and get her dresser into the baby's room. The crib may have to wait because we have a screws situation. Meaning, we can't find the screws for the crib. So.Freaking.Annoying.

Next week will be the last before my principal goes on her vacation (anxiety level rising...), and it will be the last weekend before my family shower. I would like to get the room done next weekend, or at least looking somewhat like a baby room. :)

Again, we shall see. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ah the meltdowns. I said something on fb about hoping I'm going through the teenage years now (because it so seems like it) and she said she read something that said it corresponds to the teenage years--like 4 is how she'll act at 14. Not.cool. ;-) I'm choosing to believe she read it in star magazine or something like that.

Good luck, and just a few more weeks. He'll be here before you know it!