Monday, December 27, 2010

Third Trimester

Last Thursday marked the beginning of my third trimester with my little seahorse. Except now he's not so little, and he's making quite the impression...on my rib cage.

I'm very excited that I'm two-thirds done with this pregnancy. Mainly, I'm dying to meet him. To a lesser extent, I am excited to be almost done with the whole insulin/blood sugar testing stuff. I feel a little guilty saying this because I know that pregnancy is not meant to be easy and that I am incredibly lucky to be pregnant, but still I will be happy when I can stop sticking myself.

Despite my excitement, I am experiencing a constant low level of anxiety. When I realized it was the third trimester already, I began to feel very overwhelmed. First, there's my looming deadline of needing to complete my teacher evaluations. Ugh. Second, there's the non-baby-ready baby room. Big ugh. Third, my last trimester with Emerson was a little more eventful than one would like. I would really like to finish my pregnancy without early contractions, the inevitable cervix checks they lead to, and bed rest.

I'm really trying to make smart choices right now to prepare for going back to work next week. I would love to spend more time with family and friends, but I'm still feeling wiped out, even though I've been on vacation for a week. It's my goal to stay at work as long as I can, so I'm trying to build up my energy stores after a depleting October and November.

The rest of the week looks pretty calm, which is fine by me. I'm hoping to get a hair cut and much needed eyebrow wax (seriously, had them done in JULY!) Other than that, I need to finish my evaluations (I'm really starting to hate that word), and tackle the baby's room. In between all that fun (sigh), I plan to nap excessively.

We just got back yesterday from Redding, and it was a pretty relaxed Christmas. Justin and his family made a delicious Christmas Eve dinner (turkey mole) that was very diabetes friendly, and his sister made sugar-free chocolate whoopee pies. (She is a very special lady.) On Christmas Day, Summer and I took the girls to see Tangled again, and we relaxed at my in-laws, watching movies on their new HUGE t.v. (no Justin, we are not getting a new t.v.) Sunday we went to Summer and Ben's church for my nephew Samuel's name blessing, and then we headed home.

It was great to be with family, especially since this was probably my last trip to Redding before the baby is born. I know March seems far away, but January and February tend to go by very quickly. Plus, sitting in a car for over two hours is no bueno and I'm not even at the end of this thing yet.

So I'm going to park my behind on the couch for the rest of the evening, enjoy my sparkling water, write up another glowing teacher evaluation, and finish it all off with my new foot bath.

No comments: