Sunday, September 7, 2008

YAY!

I am not a shopper. I hate it. I do as much as possible online. In fact, I can guarantee that the Internet has improved my quality of life. Or, at least, my husband's.

So this weekend we have one objective: buy a used car. I am less than thrilled.

First of all, we are buying this used car because some dumb-a crashed into my beloved, though abused, Geo Prism at the DMV. Then, this dumb-a's insurance company gave us a pittance for the car, my graduation present from college. So insulting.

Second, we have very limited time in which to purchase this second car. I have this weekend off from school and both my husband and I have little homework...for now. Also, we are using my grandma's car, and I'd like to get it back to her.

So today we traveled to North Highlands. (Charming, by the way.) We found something, but the dealer wouldn't negotiate. Sigh. So, later, we drove to Roseville. With a two-year-old. In 100 degree heat. Double sigh. We found something again, but the dealer again wouldn't negotiate.

We came back home, tired, fried, and dejected. Em was way over tired. We bought a frozen pizza and some wine, and mulled over our options. Tomorrow we're heading to another dealership to try our luck again. Wish us luck.

No comments: