Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fun on four legs!

The last time that my husband, daughter, and I visited his family up north, our niece was not walking. She just turned one and was just on the verge of walking, but not there yet.

Well, now she's off! And my daughter, who's being walking since summer can scarcely keep up with her. It's hysterical to see them wobbling around together. And now that they are both walking, tensions betwixt the two of them have relaxed (thank the heavens.) At least for now, things are peaceful. I'm sure that will change at some point, and the newfound tranquility most likely has something to do with the fact that my in-laws get two of every present for the girls: two ducks, two dolls, two rocking horses.

We took the girls to a quiet, indoor mall in Redding and they chased each other all over. We had ice cream sundaes and looked at Christmas lights. It was a really fun time. It's so cold up here, it actually snowed a little today. It didn't stick, but when I went running today, it was stinking cold! My legs never got warm. Yeah, I'm nuts.

No comments: