Thursday, December 20, 2007

Feliz Navidad

Since my parents divorce, my side of the family is trying hard to come up with new traditions. We are still celebrating Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family, but Christmas Day will be a whole new ball of...tinsel, gingerbread men, egg nog...whatever!

My lovely husband is making tamales. Well, we are all helping him, but he has been preparing the mole for the meat for the past two days. Have I mentioned that I love him? :) We are going to put them together this weekend, which should be messy fun, but we'll see. My sister and I are planning on making mojitos, so at least WE will have a good time.

I have been surprised at how mad I am at my father again this time of year. I thought that time would heal those wounds, but I guess they haven't. He is spending Christmas in LA with his girlfriend's family and didn't think to tell my sister and me. We just assumed that he would want to spend Christmas Day with us. I feel betrayed by him all over again. And then he wrote HER name on my Christmas present. Ugh. I know I should be more mature, but I am not finding the emotional reserves to do so.

Hey, this was supposed to be a happy post! Whoops!

No comments: