Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's been awhile...

Since I have posted anything. I have been busy, true, but that is almost always the case. In fact, July tends to be the only month in which I am not impersonating a tornado.

But I have remained quiet for different reasons, one being I don't have a whole lot to say. The other being a need to be quiet and alone.

I noticed feeling this way particularly when I got home. The only thing I'd want to do is turn on the t.v., watch three hours of Ghost Whisperer, and go to bed. I had very little interest in hanging out with Justin and Em.

This went on for about three weeks--the time between Thanksgiving and my holiday break. I could see that Justin was worried; he tried to get me to engage more, which only made me feel irritated. I struggled with post-partum depression after having Em, during which Justin was super supportive. However, that last time I went too long before getting help. Since that situation, Justin seems to pay more attention to my mental health.

But now I feel I've actually snapped out of it. There were a couple things that helped me feel more engaged. One was getting ready for the holidays. It is so dang fun to buy presents for a three-year old, and she is way into all the decorating and songs, etc. Second was getting the opportunity to apply for a vice principal job. Even if it goes nowhere, it is exciting to apply and imagine myself in a new position.

I could tell I felt better and more myself because I decided to blog. Now, I'm not sure if blogging can be considered a good indicator of mental health, but oh well. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you are feeling better. I am also sort of withdrawn lately but am slowly snapping out of it.