Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oh, Right...I'm a Nerd

For my past two graduate courses, I have not been feeling super studious. In fact, I have been a horrible student. Always rushing to finish my homework at the last minute, I managed to scrape by in the last two courses. But it was a close call.

It's not that my classes this year haven't been interesting. Well, one, the course on categorical programs and special education, was mildly interesting. But the other one, my fiscal class, was a bear.

Mostly, I have just not been interested. I have made a good-ish effort in participation: I bring my materials. I attend class. And I try to raise my hand at least once per class. Again, a good-ish effort, but not stellar.

But today I started my last credential course, and, surprisingly, I really like it. It's my foundation of school law class.

Actually, I shouldn't be surprised that I like it. The course is right up my alley: tons of information, new words and concepts, and even better--Latin. Awesome. I love Latin.

While I am tired, and I will not be crying tears of sadness when my class is done on December 12th, it is nice that my last course is on a subject I'm genuinely interested in. I took four pages of notes today...and it was fun.

Sick, I know.

No comments: